If old Oregon postcards were Smiths’ songs (or lyrics)

(aka, a reason to group unrelated cards under one post)

How Soon is Now? (Amato’s Portland, Ore.)

You Just Haven’t Earned It, Baby (Horseshoe Motel, Florence)

Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me (Jack’s Fine Foods, Biggs The Dalles ).
Click here for a more recent (1997) view.

I need advice…I need advice…nobody ever looks at me twice. (Town House, Newport)

Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want (Trader Vic’s, Portland)

Nowhere Fast (Oregon Motor Hotel, The Dalles)

And if you ever need self-validation just meet me in the alley by the railway-station (Eastport Plaza, Portland)

Pretty Girls Make Graves, (Curio Shop, Pendleton)

Advertisements

8 thoughts on “If old Oregon postcards were Smiths’ songs (or lyrics)

1. Rick September 26, 2011 / 7:20 am

I think Jack’s is in Biggs…I’ll need to check up on that though. If it’s the one I’m thinking of, it’s still there.

2. thebeanteam September 28, 2011 / 3:55 am

I also think that Jack’s is or was in Biggs. I think it may be gone today though replaced with a new truck stop and McDonalds. ;-(

Check out the mountains behind the new structure in Google Street View and compare them with Jack’s skyline.

• thebeanteam September 28, 2011 / 3:57 am

Found another one….

Flickr – The EAT sign in Biggs Jct. now gone.
      EAT - Jack's Fine Food, Biggs Jct. Oregon, May 25 1997.

• schlockstar October 2, 2011 / 9:38 pm

Thanks Rick and Beanteam for updated info!

3. Austin October 22, 2011 / 4:38 pm

“and if a double decker bus crashes into us”

• schlockstar October 22, 2011 / 6:14 pm

Good one.

4. The Cedar Chest November 16, 2011 / 8:17 pm

Great post! I love using the songs to title postcards.

5. Bob Thompson Jr February 9, 2014 / 9:42 pm

My father made that sign in front of the Town House in Newport Oregon.
    I think that is also his car that is visible. His shop Newport Neon was right next door.